Translate

Friday, October 11, 2013

C4T #2

My teacher for this set of C4T was Mike Kaechele. He is social studies teacher in Grand Rapids, Michigan at a school that is demonstrating Project Based Learning (PBL). I found his posts to be very insightful as he is a secondary/ social sciences teacher, and thats what I'm working to be. I would recommend his blog to anyone seeking advice in either of those areas. 

Assessing Maps with Google Earth 
By Mike Kaechele
      Hi, My name is Secoria Burks and I’m a junior at the University of South Alabama. My major is Secondary Education and History. As an assignment  in EDM310, I am going to comment on your posts this week and I will be summarzing two of your posts on our class blog.  

This is a great way to use PBL and as an aspiring history teacher I really admire the creativity of this assignment. I am still becoming aware of and used to all google apps, and upon reading your post I decided to check Google Earth out. It’s really neat, you can view the entire world and then some in 3D. There are tools for Imagery, Trees, historical imagery, the ocean, buildings, Mars, the Sky, the Moon, and so much more. It’s a great tool for all subjects.

New Rule 
By Mike Kaechele
     I can really appreciate it when a teacher gives students the opportunity to show maturity. Taking away the need for your permission to use the restroom shows your students a little about what it means to be a trusted adult. I can remember being in high school, and thinking to myself that I’m no longer three years old I don’t need anyone to let me go to the restroom. As a teacher I hope to be able to trust my students the same way.


No comments:

Post a Comment